The following information will assist you in preparing for your surgery.
Please read this carefully and follow all instructions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Surgical Services
Department at (714) 999-6101, Monday through Friday, between the hours
of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. We are happy to assist you.
3-5 Days Before Surgery
- Notify your physician regarding any supplements and/or herbal medications
you are taking.
Stop taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines (e.g. Ibuprofen, Aleve) and blood
thinning medications (e.g. Coumadin) unless otherwise instructed by your
1-2 Days Before Surgery
- A staff member will call to ask you a few questions.
- Make sure that your procedure has been pre-approved by your health plan/health
Your doctor will order the necessary lab tests and x-rays. If you have
had blood drawn or had x-rays or an EKG taken within the last two weeks,
you may ask your doctor to have the results sent to the hospital.
- Lab results can be faxed to: (714) 999-3868.
must arrange to have a friend or family member drive you to and from the hospital
on the day of surgery. You may also want to have someone stay with you
in the pre-op holding area.
The Day Before Surgery
not eat or drink after midnight, including water and coffee
- Your surgery will likely be canceled if you eat or drink prior to surgery.
If you take medication regularly:
- Ask your doctor or nurse if you should take it the morning of surgery.
- You may be able to take a small amount of water with your medication, if needed.
not take aspirin the day before your surgery.
not smoke the day before your surgery.
- If you develop a cold, fever or any change in your health, please notify
your doctor or the nurse.
Morning of Surgery
Do bathe or shower by following these important instructions:
- Shower or bathe with Techni-Care or Dial soap the night before your surgery.
- Wash and rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Pat yourself dry with a clean, soft towel.
not shave the area of your body where your surgery will be performed.
not wear make-up or put pins in your hair.
- Plan on arriving at least two (2) hours before your scheduled surgery time.
Wear loose and comfortable clothing.
- Please leave all jewelry, money, and other valuables at home.
You may brush your teeth, but do
not swallow water when rinsing your mouth.
Arriving at the Hospital & What to Bring with You:
When you arrive, check in at the main Admitting desk.
- Our staff will assist you with completing your registration and paperwork.
- Please bring any insurance cards or forms with you.
Your anesthesiologist will talk to you before surgery.